Question
Posted by: MOOH | 2004/11/24

EX OWES ME CASH

I NEED TO FIND OUT IF IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO GET THE R1000 RAND MY EX OWES ME THROUGHOUT OUR DATING LIFE I WAS ALWAYS HIS BANK. I THINK THE BIGGEST REASON WHY I WANT MY MONEY BACK IS BECAUSE HE HAD A BAD ATTITUDE WHEN WE BROKE UP AND HE TOLD HIS FIEND TO ASK ME OUT AFTER WE HAD BROKEN UP. HE ALSO TOLD ME TO MY FACE THAT HIS FRIED WAS GOING TO USE ME LIKE HE USED ME AND I JUST FEEL THAT IF I CAN DO MY BIT TO MAKE HIM FEEL A LITTLE BIT LIKE HE MADE ME FEEL . I THINK I SHOULD MAKE HIM TASTE THE FEELING

Gee, Mooh, I'm not sure it's wise to try to be a bank and a friend ; and generally, when someone becomes an ex, they lose banking facilties anyway. Get the money back, because he owes it to you, rather than for any other motives.

3
Posted by: broke | 2004/11/25

My ex owed me R80,000. Was my life savings. Tried to get it back to no avail, as there was no physical proof like a contract or slips or anything. Fought for a long time to get it back, and it made me depressed and my life was very difficult and miserable as he denied borrowing anything from me. Today he is extremely wealthy and will still not repay me. I have had to put it all behind me for the sake of my sanity. Being bitter eats at a person. It is a hard lesson in life and one will never make the same mistake again.

Reply to broke
Posted by: Mona | 2004/11/25

Hi, if you dont really need the money, you should just leave it, cos fighting with him about it is just gonna make your life miserable.

Reply to Mona
Posted by: If you want and can - go for it | 2004/11/24

I think most importantly if you have proof of this money then you can proceed happily. Small claims courts always ask you for proof - whether this was in witness form, signed contract or even a slip of things purchased for him leading up to that amount! I think for yourself - you should just pick yourself up and not waste a further cent or breath of air on him! In future just remember to be careful and not be so willing to assist when anyone asks you for help... Just let it be - he's not worth it and dont entertain his friend either! Just move on!

Reply to If you want and can - go for it