Posted by: makay | 2006/07/28

Ex girlfriend


My husband's exgirlfriend whom she has a child with is making my life miserable. I have been married to my husband for four years and she has made sure our lives are a living hell. She has my phone number on which she used to call me on and swear and say all sorts of nasty things to me. Now what she does recently, is that i will get a call from a withheld number and she will have one of her friends on the line and the person will be saying a lot of negative things eg. i am you husband's girl friend or tell you husband not to forget out appointment, my name is not important, he will know who it is. etc
Thing is i cannot prove it is her doing, the only reason i say it's her is because she has done it in the past and then it was easy to know that it was her as she forgot to withold the number and we traced the call only to find that she was either using a friend phone or she was calling from a friend's office/ workplace.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Enquire at your local magistrate's court, as you could get a Court Order forbidding her, directly or indirectly, from ever contacting or harrassing you in any way. And I think you can discuss this with the police --- if they can catch her ignoring the court order, she could be in srious trouble.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: ANONYMOUS 1 | 2006/07/31


I know what you are going through. I have the same problem my ex-BF wife calls me and swear at me and say all sort of things. What makes it worse is that her husband doesn't believe me.

The police can help you.

Reply to ANONYMOUS 1
Posted by: anon | 2006/07/29

If its a landline she is calling you on, you could call Telkom and have your no changed to an unlisted no. Its done instantly.

If its your cell phone....change your no.

The above are a little inconvenient as you will have to inform various contacts in your life of the change including bank, etc. but its worth it.

All calls can be traced.

Report it to the police, open a case no. and apply for a restraining order as CS mentioned.

Reply to anon

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.