Question
Posted by: marang | 2006/04/21

ex-boyfriend is does not want to budge

this is the story, he is 30 and lost his job 3 years ago. since then hes been trying business ideas but its not really a success because i still pay all the expenses for our 4yr old son.

he was staying with his friend but last month the friend moved to JHB. then he stayed with me for a month and promised to look for a place and move out as from 1 april 2006.

2 weeks ago he told me that he does not have money to pay for his new place and i suggested that he must go and live with his friend. now he says its does not work for him because most of his clients are in PTA and its expensive for him to travel. but, should this be my problem?

his friend bought the business concept and he recruited him to help selling it. but his friend is working and also helps to market the business on weekends or after work. the friend rented a 3 bedroom house in JHB and i think he must accomodate him.

my ex is a good person and helps me with the chores like cooking and cleaning but i feel that he must get his own place.
we ended our relationship because we had some problems and agreed that we seperate and work on those problems. i wiill consider him once im convinced that these problems are sorted. money problems and his bad history of finances and issues of trust.

now what must i do, please advice me?

I fully agree with a regular and tango

2
Posted by: Tango | 2006/04/21

Its a tough one cos its the father of your child. But, he must move out. Tell him again and maybe have a brother / father / uncle with you to make the point clear.

Reply to Tango
Posted by: A regular | 2006/04/21

You have been more than accommodating towards your ex. He needs to take responsibility now 3 yrs is a long time, you are not his mother it is not your responsibility to take care or look after him. You need to move on with your life and by the sounds of it you know what to do.

Reply to A regular