Question
Posted by: dawn | 2011/12/06

ex and new guy

I broke up with this guy 5 months ago because he was travelling extensively and I was studying and our lives just werent in sync. His travelling has now quietened down and I have finished studying for good and over the weekend we decided to try again. Now there is another guy who I have liked for 2 years and before my ex and I got back together over the weekend, I made arrangements to see this guy on Thursday. What do I do now? I am confused as with past experience, going back to an ex never works out. Stuff has happened in the 5 months that we have been separated and therefore it will never be the same as it was!! Do I give it another go and see or call it quits and give the new guy a chance. I just dont know what to do!! There is either a drought or a flood with me regarding men :(

Sounds like you're trying to have your cake and eat it, too. It also sounds as though you have a rather bad sense of timing. If you sincerely want to get back with the first guy and give it a genuine chance to work, try that, but let the other guy know broadly what's happening, that it's not about him, but that you feel you owe it to yourself and your ex to make a sseond try at this, as the circumstances have changed.
Or, if you really mainly want to have a go with the new guy, then make apologies to the ex, explain that you have committed yourself to someone else, and head in that direction.
Just don't try to head off in two opposite directions at the same time.

2

Posted by: Honest | 2011/12/06

If you and your ex have truly decided at the weekend to try again l cannot see how you can possibly go on a date with someone else on thursday!

If you really want to go on the date on Thursday i think you are not really committed to resurecting your old relationship.

Reply to Honest