Question
Posted by: Nica | 2007/03/28

Evra Patch

I have written before explaining that my gynae has precribed the Evra patch for me to use for 3 months of which 1 month has been completed.
Reason for this is that I have been having "2 periods" every month which results in every 2nd week bleeding.
She has told me that if the irregular bleeding does not stop after 3 months while using the patch then she wants to check whether I have a bleeding polyp.

But now I have to enquire about my first month of using the Evra patch.
What happened was the following :
Day 1- Day 7.........Patch 1 was applied (bled for 5 days)
Day 8 - Day 14......Patch 2 was applied (bled again from Day 11-
Day 14)
Day 15 - Day 21....Patch 3 was applied (bled on Days 15- 17 and
again on Day 21)
Day 22 - Day 28....No Patch was applied ( bled all 7 days)

Is this at all normal??
Now I am on my 2nd months supply and on Day 1 the bleeding stopped. So now I am on Day 3 with my first patch still with no bleeding.
I feel so exhausted.... do you think that the patch will begin to start regulating my cycle in the 2nd month already?

The bleeding is not normal, but it may take a while for the patch to work. This month sounds promising.