Question
Posted by: Full up | 2004/10/20

Everything is stuck

Hi Doc,
I cannot go see a doctor, my funds are all depleted and I have 10 bucks to my name to the end of the month... usual stuff.
I need some good advice and something I can do now.
I am so constipated, I have taken 'puritone'.
I took one on Monday, I took 2 yesterday and this mornign another one.
I cannot eat because whatever has gone in has not come out and I'm so full up. I've got headaches and my muscles are weak, when I climb stairs I almost cannot breathe.
I've eaten high fibre, but not much ebcause I can't get kuch in anymore. And this morning I had 1.5 litres of water to try and flush out my system... nothing wants to come out.
But I have no cramps or abdominal pain...?
I am so confused.
What can I do, please help.

Full up, when was the last time you actually had a bowel movement. Let me know and we’ll take it from there. In the meantime keep on drinking lots of water and stay away from the fibre. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Maggie | 2004/10/21

Go to the chemist, get yourself some LAXA if I were you I would ask the chemist how much to take though the stuff is potent, it costs around R5 and literally works like a bomb, take it about 3 hours before you go to sleep and you are guaranteed that you will have to keep your toilet very close at hand that night, do not over medicate yourself it is PURE FIBRE. Oh your other option is nastier go to government hospital and get an enima, that takes about 5 minutes to work and is also guaranteed. Oh other point the next morning after taking LAXA dont take any public transport to work I dont think fellow patrons will appreciate you presence.Good Luck!

Reply to Maggie