Question
Posted by: nicci | 2004/01/24

EVERYONE PLEASE READ

I've been doing volunteer work with the SPCA and WetNose - especially working with cats, and I end up taking the little orphins home with me.
The SPCA sterilized my little kitten when she was 5 weeks old. which is awfully young.
Cat and dog breeders swear to never sell puppies/kittens before 10-12 weeks.
buying a cat from a petshop or where ever at such a young stage is difficult and a big problem. since they are removed from their mothers at such a young age. and I believe thats why some of them shows this unhealty need for affection constantly. they need a mommy. be patient with them. and please try to teach those around you. I've seen it so many times. and the poor little thing are suffering to cope on their own with no one to teact them that animal - instinct.

Hi Nicci
You have made some good observations and I agree that puppies and kittens that are taken away from their mothers too early are often a problem. Keep up the good work at the SPCA.
Karen Gray-Kilfoil
ANIMAL BEHAVIOURIST

2
Posted by: chill | 2004/01/26

Yea, and if you need any further evidence, go and look at the pawtal.co.za website, under adoptions, and check out the first little puppy on the list.

It'll break your heart.

Reply to chill
Posted by: Carol | 2004/01/25

Thank You ... and hopefully the indiscriminate breeders are also taking note ..Im also involved with the SPCA .... and if people would just sterilise their animals .............

Reply to Carol