Question
Posted by: Myrna | 2006/07/12

Events for women who love women

If you're interested in meeting likeminded women, there 's a fortnightly party for women at Sliver Upstairs in Green Point. The next party is this Saturday 15 July.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Myrna and a special welcome to the forum!

These parties are great - for more info visit the impressive website, www.lushcapetown.co.za or call 082 565 6174.

4
Posted by: Possible Problem | 2006/07/26

I'm a single mom. My daughter made friends with another girl/woman 4 yrs her senior (daughter still in school, friend not).

I get a funny feeling from this relationship. The thing is my daughter is vulnerable. We don't have the perfect realtionship at home, I must admit, and I'm scared this friend is lesbian and spinning a web around my daughter.

I've heard of lesbians that just know how to pull in an innocent vulnerable girl. My daughter is a teenager now and you know they are experiencing with different things.

I don't want to offend any one - please - so if I do unknowingly - that's not the intension.

I'm not sure even what I'm really asking of you. Must I be worried?

This girl keeps telling my daughter that she loves her so much and can't stand not speeking to her for hours, or if she had a difficult day, my daughter is the only one she wants to talk with, and how she misses her, etc.

My daughter do have a boyfriend but something about this girl's messages just tells me there is more to the friendship - either from her side or both of them.

Sorry to say this but obviously I don't want my daughter involved in a relationship like that.

Any advice?

Reply to Possible Problem
Posted by: Myrna | 2006/07/13

Thank you so much for your kind words..... hope you'll join us fo a drink one of these day!

Reply to Myrna
Posted by: Myrna | 2006/07/13

I believe there's a thing called Ramp Divas and also a monthly party at Playground.

Reply to Myrna
Posted by: Smiley | 2006/07/13

Isn't there anything similar to that happening in PTA/JHB area??

Reply to Smiley