Question
Posted by: Niki | 2008/01/04

Even tone lotions

Hi doc

Can you please tell me what exactly these even tone lotions specifically Nivea Naturally even care lotion does. does it lighten your skin and does it work? any information regarding this would be much appreciated.

Are there other lotions/products that restores natural even skin tone?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Niki, thank you for the question.

Unfortunately, Nivea do not list all the ingredients in the product you have mentioned. The Jojoba oil used is a good moisturizer, renews cells, and may have benefit for wrinkles.

I am a firm believer in using products that contain anti-oxidants, SPF, alpha hydroxyl acids, kojic acid, Bearberry, and Mulberry root extracts, to treat uneven skin tone and smooth out the complexion of the skin. These ingredients are found in a number of products e.g. NeoStrata, Nimue, Dr Perricone, etc.