Question
Posted by: mika | 2006/07/24

Estrogen and progesterone - please help

Goodday doc.

Thanks for th reply doc...

another ?

I had an appointmet with my doc today, on the "sonar" shows that i will ovulate anytime soon, like 2day or 2morrow. (2day is day 14 of my cycle)

what i like 2 know is, when can i start using progesterone supplements and untill when will it be save to use it.

Natural progesterone supplementation: uterogestan tablets or crinone.- is there any other supplements - could you please give me the names of other products...i did asked at our pharmacy, and they don't have crinone 0.08%, they have to order it for me and it could take a couple of days. and what supplements can i use for estrogen?

thanks again doc, for all your help

mika

Dear Mika

The progesterone supplementation should ideally be instiuted 4-5 days after ovulation has occured. You could try using cyclogest vaginal pessaries in a dose of 200mg twice a day or 8hrly if so desired.
I would not recommend estrogen supplementation at this point in time unless indicated by the ultrasound scan.
Good Luck!