Posted by: Wondering | 2009/07/21

erosion of cervix

I can' t find any details on this. does it go by another name?

My GP recently diagnosed me with this. My pap smear is clear so She prescribed antibiotics just incase I had an infection. I am worried by spotting/bleeding from midcycle and general pelvic discomfort which she seems to think wasn' t typical. Is this normal? What are the symptoms pls and should I see a Gynae?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

A cervical erosion is also known as erythroplasia. Most of the time it is due to the tissue on the insude of the cervix coming onto the external surface. This is often hormonal and is not a serious problem. It can cause spotting. It is probably a good idea to see a gynaecologist in case there is another cause.

Tanya, please post your question seperately.
Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Tanya Kirsten | 2009/07/21

Dear doc

I have discovered tears/cuts on the area around my clitoris. At times it itches and even burns. How is this caused. At times there is a little bit of bleeding as well but not a lot.

Reply to Tanya Kirsten

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.