Question
Posted by: Spokie | 2008/05/22

Erge heup pyn tydens swangerskap

Hello,

Ek vermoed dit is doodnormaal, maar ek vra steeds omdat ek dit nooit tydens my eerste swangerskap ervaar het nie.

Ek is amper 32 weke swanger en ervaar die vreeslikste pyn in my heupe. Dis erg deur die dag maar dis op die seerste in die nag as ek probeer slaap. Ek word snags wakker, sop nat gesweet van die pyn, en panado's doen net mooi niks.

Ek het al met 'n kussing tussen my knieë probeer slaap en dit help ook nie.

Moet ek bekommerd wees daaroor, en as nie, is daar iets wat ek kan doen om die pyn effe te verlig??

Dankie
Spokie

I agree with Virgo.

2
Posted by: VIRGO | 2008/05/22

Hi Spokie,

Many women experience hip pain while sleeping. This is the result of poor posture or lack of support in the joints surrounding the pelvis during sleep. You can usually relieve this by using a full body support pillow between the legs and under the abdomen while sleeping.
Other women find using a pillow behind their back helpful during pregnancy. You may find you need to sleep in a semi reclined position rather than on one hip or the other to reduce hip pain during pregnancy.
There are many activities that can aggravate hip pain. These may include certain exercises or excessive walking and bending. If this is the case you may need to consult a physical therapist for exercises that are safe, supportive and appropriate during pregnancy. Most doctors recommend walking to keep in shape during pregnancy, but for women with hip pain this may be a problem. A chiropractor may provide some much needed relief in these cases. Your hip pain may result from an uneven pelvis that can be easily corrected with some gentle manipulation during pregnancy.
Chiropractic care can also relieve many of the other discomforts of pregnancy including headaches and back pain. If you seek the assistance of a chiropractor, try to find someone that is experienced working with pregnant patients. You might consider asking your doctor or healthcare provider for a referral.

If you find your pain is extreme look for a prenatal pilates or yoga class and ask the instructor what positions may help stretch and align the hips and pelvis to help relieve your pain.

Hope this helps!

Reply to VIRGO
Posted by: AQUA | 2008/05/22

Hi Spokie,

Toe jy jou sonar scan doen was alles normaal gewees?

Miskien moet jy terug Doc toe gaan om te hoor wat dit kan wees.

Reply to AQUA