Question
Posted by: Lennon | 2005/12/02

Erectyle problems

Although I am 52 I am still very active and have a high sex drive.
I have just recently got married and now have yet to consumate my marriage. My wife is very understanding and so far we have just resorted to mutual masturbation. But we want penetration. I have tried Viagra, cialis and evn injection therepy whic was a disater as I hit a vein and my penis got very bruised. I have seen a urologist and he says that the flow of blood is exiting the penis and I am not able to retain the blood flow. If I were to use a band at the base of the penis to prevent the blood from flowing out, do you think that that might help?

You are referring to a penis ring, and if your problem is indeed venous blod flow leak, a constriction band will do the thing

A penis ring is most often used to make an erect penis harder and bigger, to keep it that way for a longer amount of time, and to delay and heighten orgasm. Penis rings work by constricting blood flow, keeping blood in the shaft of the penis. When a wearer finally does ejaculate, the sensation is more intense, since it took a longer time to come, and because the penis is filled with additional blood.

Men use penis rings with partners and/or by themselves. Some are actual rings as their name suggests, made of metal or rubber. Since these rings are not adjustable, the right size needs to be chosen for a proper fit. For example, one that fits too tightly could be hard to remove and could cut off circulation in the penis entirely. Metal rings can cause a rash or other skin reactions in some men, so this is something to consider when shopping around. Adjustable cock rings made of rawhide or leather straps are easier for beginners to use since the fit can be changed, and taking them off is more manageable. Avoid using ring substitutes; rubber bands, binder clips, and vices, for example, cause too much constriction.

Penis rings fit over the shaft and the testicles/scrotum when a man is not erect. Ball by ball, the testicles go through, then the penis shaft dives in head first through the remaining ring space. The ideal cock ring stays in place when the penis is soft, yet it can fairly easily slip off or unsnap when the penis is hard. Lube can be added to make putting rings on and taking them off a little easier — something that works for finger and toe rings, too.

Adult-oriented stores with genital jewelry departments sometimes have fitting rooms where you can try on merchandise. If you're into advanced planning, you, or your partner, can measure your penile girth, or approximate how many of your fingers bunched together equal the thickness of their fleshy friend. The flexibility of rubber and other elasticized cock rings allows a greater range of fit for more differently endowed men, but they are not one-size-fits-all.

For safety and pleasure, a ring needs to increase the size of the erection only slightly. If you notice more pronounced swelling, then the fit is too tight. In that case, take the ring off immediately. It's also vital for men to take off their cock ring at the first sign of pain or if the genitals feel cold. In addition, it's dangerous to leave a ring on for too long, including wearing one to sleep when spontaneous erections are all the rage. An erection of several hours can cause blood coagulation in the penis, making it difficult to lose the erection. This is called priapism, a prolonged erection. Since new blood cannot enter the penis, this can be severely painful and cause permanent damage to the erectile tissue. If this happens to you, seek medical attention as soon as possible, and don't worry — the staff at the ER has seen this before.

Another place you might want to forgo a ring around your penis is the airport. In these high-security times, metal detectors will catch some of these penis-erectors that are tricky to explain and/or remove for closer inspection.