Question
Posted by: J | 2005/12/08

Erection problem due to accident.. please help

My boyfriend was seriously injured this year, as a result his nerves were cut off from the accident. i know that this bothers him that he cannot maintain a erection although it does not bother me, are there any medications that we can try so that he can regain his self confidence in the bedroom, as he is a wonderful lover.... please help!

Dear J,
He must see an urologist who will be able to see whether this will be permanent or just something that will get better (as the nerves could grow back in some cases.) There are gadgets you can use to help to keep an erection and here also the urologist will be able to prescribe the one that will work best. It basically consists of a tube that you put under negative pressure to draw blood into the penis and induce an erection. I don't think something like Viagra would work as the message can't get through to the end-organ.