Posted by: Michael | 2011/11/23

Erectile dysfunctional

I was involved in a MVA 4 yrs ago which resulted in me being wheelchair-bound as a result of spinal injuries.I am paralysed from the waist down and since then I struggle to gain erection.

This has led to my fiance to leave me.I wish one day i can find a
replacement who will become my wife.Do you honestly think that
would be right idea or I will be running a risk of losing anothe one.
Is there any women out there who commit herself in a relationship with no sex?Please I would love to hear your honest opinion.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

Dear Michael,

There is treatment to assist men with spinal chord injuries to still have erections, depending on the location of their spinal chord injury and whether it is a complete or incomplete lesion.

With couples, where the guy has a spinal chord injury, we offer sex therapy that focuses on how the couple can still have much fun and sexual pleasure. Penetrative sex is only on for of sexual activity for giving and recieving sexual pleasure.

We teach couples various forms of sexual pleasuring, taking into consideration the limitations the partner with the spinal chord injury has.

So you would not have to "surrender" to an idea of not being able to have sex in future relationships.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.