Question
Posted by: Jeepfred | 2005/12/05

Erectile Dysfunction

Back in 1996, I was kicked in the groin and my right testicle was crushed. I had a partial Orchectomy and in 1999 had the rest of the testicle removed, both at Military/VA hospitals. Since the incident, I have had a decreased desire for sex and erectile problems. I've talked to MD's and psychologist/psychiartrist's and both belived my problem could be a mix of physical and mental. My testoterone level is normal but my desire is lacking badly. I've also had an ultrasound on my penis and it's normal. Sometimes I can get an erection without medication but, takes lots of stimulation and it's not always fully hard. Also, sometimes I can have an orgasm without having an erection. Please tell me what you think. I've used Viagra and Cialis but, is there anything else you would suggest? They take too long to work and make sex more of a chore than enjoyment. Thank you.

It doesn't really help to just talk to the psychologist, because if your problem is indeed psycological then you need therapy an that is a process, not just a once of chat.

ED can be the forerunner of a lot of other medical conditions as well - diabetes, hypertension. cholestrol. However, you goive so little info, such as age, smoker, other relevant medical history.

Loss of Desire is a very different problem than ED. What is happening in your relatsionship?

Lots of unanswered questions here.

all the SA Sexual Health asscoaition and get a referral to someone that only deals in sexual health problems 0860 100 262 in JHB call (011) 787 - 1222 or e-mail me directly on disa@icon.co.za

EMc

1
Posted by: Susie | 2005/12/06

Hey Jeepfred you just answered a question for me! So it IS possible to ejaculate without having an erection? Does it still feel the same as an orgasm with an erection? Sorry to be so curious but my partner says that this has happened to him too. He takes blood pressure medication which is why the problem I suppose. He also says he wasn't attracted to his former partner when it happened but he did ejaculate so guess he couldn't have been completely turned off!

Reply to Susie