Question
Posted by: Frustrated | 2003/02/27

Erectile disfunction

Hi Doctor,

i am a 47 year old male who has been on antidepressants for the last 15 years. I have never in the past had a problem sexually, however the past year or so it takes me a while to get an erection, i do not wake up in the morning with the normal " morning glory". I also have hih blood pressure for which i take Taka and Lipitor for Colestral. I do have quite a bit of stress at work.

This problem is causing ructions between my girlfreind and myself as she believes that i am not interested in her anymore !!

Please help.

Frustrated, you didn’t say which antidepressant you are taking. The impotency might be due to the antidepressant, high blood pressure, stress or age. The best would probably be to see your doctor for a full physical and if nothing’s found to be wrong, to either try a different antidepressant or maybe something like Viagra®. Good luck.