Question
Posted by: Lin | 2007/03/27

Equipment

Over the years, I have accumulated some exercise equipment at home and I would like to start using it effectively. I have the follow:
Stationary bike, Step, exercise ball, skipping rope, 2.5 and 3.0 kg dumbells. I also have stretching, pilates, and taebo videos. I actually prefer walking or jogging than the bike but the reason I bought the bike is that my area is unsafe and the run/walk morning group starts very late for me (no evening group). I would like you to advise me with a week long programme where I can incoporate all this equipment. I'm 35 years, 1.65m, 75.5kg.

Hi Lin

Unfortunately, I can't provide you with a day by day programme in this format - that's something of a more specialized service and I would suggest that if that is what you are after, you need to consider seeing a trainer or coach to help out. What I can offer is a generic training programme, which you can find on our website (www.health24.co.za) and then click on "Fitness" and then on "Programmes". Here you will see a number of programmes and you can choose any one of them. Most will allow you to make use of most of your equipment effectively. It is important that you get some sort of cardio training in, and so if that walking group doesn't go in the evening, perhaps there is another group in the area you can consider joining, because it is a very effective form of training. That's not to say your stationary bike and rope and taebo aren't good too, but in my experience, home exercise fails most of the time because it becomes too routine and there are too many convenient excuses NOT to do it when it's in the comfort of home.