Question
Posted by: nel | 2005/11/28

episiotomy problem

Hello
I have had episiotomy after the birth of my son (3yrs) Since the episiotomy I have a problem controling winding(farting) and passing stools. When I am around people and dont want pass wind I cant control it, wind passes through anyway. Same thing with stools sometimes before I could get to the loo, my panties are soiled this is embarassing and I am emotional stressed. And also there is a lip (looks like a clitories) thingy like near the anus. This all happened after the episiotomy. Please help as is embarassing to even to go the gynae!

It sounds like a problem with the sphincter which contols the anus. You should see a surgeon about this. It might be necessary for you to have surgery to correct the problem.

1
Posted by: BigBunz | 2005/11/29

I had a baby naturally and i don't have the problem. Fortunately i didn't have an episiotomy. I think you should go to the gynae that delivered your baby and explain. If not available then any gynae should be able to help you. There's no shame in what you are suffering from and you shouldn't feel bad cos it's not your fault. You are a very strong woman to have lived with this problem for 3 years - i wouldn't have lasted a month.

Reply to BigBunz