Question
Posted by: Just me | 2007/03/29

Epilum

Hi Doc,
I am Bi-Polar and have been on medication for about 5 years now. About two years ago I was changed to Epilum, one tablet morning and night. Recently on my annual visit to the Doc, I explained that my moods are eratic again, and after blood tests, he upped the dosage of Epilum to two tablets at night. I feel much better, but I'm now eating like a horse(constantly hungry), and seem to be putting on weight faster than I can imagine. I definitely have weighed more since being on any of this medication than when I was not. I used to be an average 74kg fellow, but now weight well into the 80 Kg's. Is this a side effect of these meds..? Thankyou.

It might be a side-effect ; but if the medication at this dose is otherwise suiting you well, discuss this with your shrink, as maybe it'd be best to accept it and watch WHAT you eat with that great appetite ?

1
Posted by: Just me | 2007/03/29

Sorry Doc, I take pasrin, and Epilum. Thanks

Reply to Just me