Question
Posted by: J | 2004/11/23

Epilim level

Hi CS

I will be taking my son for blood tests on Thursday to check the level of Epilim which he has been taking for the past two weeks.
He is taking two doses a day, morning and evening.
Should he skip the morning dose on this day, in case it distorts distort the results of the test?
I completely forgot to ask the psychiatrist!

Thanks.
J

Excellent, excellent question. But so much depends on timing of the test, etc, it'd be best to phone your psychiatrist to check on what he recommends here, or maybe to phone the lab which will be taking the blood and testing it. The aim is to get a blood level typical of what it would be most of the day, so often they would want the morning dose to be taken, or the result will be artificially low