Question
Posted by: Aneska | 2008/07/15

Epilepsy vs low-level electric current

I am a consultant with Nu Skin and my client who is an Epileptic would like to use the Galvanic Spa instrument for face treatments. The instrument has patented self-adjusting galvanic currents; 0.125mA (milli amperes), 0.25mA and 0.35mA, and works synergistically with specially formulated products. Treatments are 10 - 15 min, once to twice a week. Is it safe for my client to use?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Aneska, thank you for the question.

Contraindications to Galvanic Treatment are as follows:
Epilepsy, Diabetes, Heart conditions, Pregnancy
Bruises, cuts or abrasions and recent scar tissue
Skin diseases or disorders hypersensitive skin or lack of skin sensitivity
Any glandular swelling
Sun burn or skin inflammation
Highly strung, nervous clients
Excessive number of metal fillings/ braces

My advice would be to contact your client’s physician and ask him/her directly, as one may do Galvanic treatments with medical approval.