Question
Posted by: Hannelene | 2007/03/01

Epilepsy

Can you please give me comparitive notes on Sandoz Carbamazepine CR200 and Tergretol CR 200, for instance how it works, ingrendients, risks involved by changing from the one to the other, etc? My medical aid don't pay for the Tegretol anymore and suggested the Sandoz product. I am very scared to change my medication bacuase I have been controlling for almost 7 yrs on Tegretol CR 200.

Expert ImagePharmacist

The two are identical regarding its ingredients and the SANDOZ range is respected in many countries. As long as your doctor approves the new drug (Carbamazepime may only be substituted with his permision) I cant see any problem with it