Question
Posted by: sibusiso | 2005/06/23

epilepsy

I have someone at home with epilepsy it only happen when is asleep and also have another problem when it comes to scanning the head because that thing there it does not show the brain or the head itself.Why they cannot try at list the exray because it shows if there is something.The doctors are wasting time by scanning because when I can tell you we went to different hospitals and they do the same scanning but nothing comes up so far.Its about six times now.Help me as this thing is gettting more and more now.Please give some advice how to deal with the problem and if you cannot be able to give advice please let me know that you cannot be able to advice.

Iam not the doctor myself but the scanning is useless and what I find out now the only doctor who did not do any scan nor exray is the only one who gave us the medicine.That doctor gave us phenytoin and vitamin b complex and the other doctors they still prescribe the same but they are the one who does the scan and all that.

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Sibusiso,

You are quite correct when you say that repeat scanning will not help. Once a person has been scanned and nothing abnormal shows, then it is a waste of time to do further scans. Unfortunately x-rays only show if there is something wrong with the bones, so taking x-rays will not help either.

The best advice that I can give you is, if the medicines that the doctor prescribed are not helping, then you must go back to the doctor, who may want to prescribe some other medication. It often happens that when one medication doesn't help, another one will work.

1
Posted by: sibusiso | 2005/06/28

Please if you cannot post a reply please let me know I've been waiting.

Reply to sibusiso