Question
Posted by: julia | 2003/03/18

epidural ceasar

I will be conceiving in months, now I have decided to go for an epidural ceasar. for the plain reason i live on a farm far from town and my husband are not always home.
Now my doctor is a male so i would like to know from you when they place in the carteter how long does it stay in and after the baby is born how long before my husband and I will be able to make love again. Some woman say it takes months but surely that cant be true. I enjoy making love to my husband and the idea of months are scaring me.

The catheter stays in for about 24 hours. With a caesarean, it takes time for the uterus to heal. This process takes about six weeks. If you had sex before this, it would probably be quite painful due to pressure on the healing uterus.

1
Posted by: www | 2003/03/19

Normally it should not take longer than 6 weeks for everything to be back to normal and you should be able to engage in sexual activity again. The catheter is put in for the whole while that you'll have the epidural and will stay in until it has worn off, because prior to that you won't have any bladder sensation.

Reply to www