Question
Posted by: concerned | 2005/12/09

ephadrine side effects

I would like to know what would be the effects of long term use of ephadrine in diet tablets.

Dear Concerned,
Ephedrine can cause high blood pressure, heart disease (angina and heart attacks), stroke, nausea and vomiting and faints and dizzy spells, and long term you would get resistant to the dose so that you would have to take more and more to get the same appetite suppressing effect. NOT a good idea. Rather stay away from long term use. I'm not to keen on short term use also but sometimes it does help one just to get on the way to a healty diet. Remember that some Chinese medications contains Phen-phen which is also just ephedrine.