Question
Posted by: Cable Guy | 2004/10/12

ephadrine

Hi , I saw in one of your replies that you recommended ephaddrine , caffene and asprin as a good fat burner ,

My g/f who needs to loose about 20 kg's has started taking ephadrine in tiny doses (tip of baby finger) do u think this is ok ?

will she loose weight ?
should she take more ?
should she also combine the asprin and caffene?
thanks for your time

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Cable Guy,

I cannot remember EVER recommending the usage of Ephedrine as a fat burner as it is a banned substance. I may have stated that in the past fat burners consisted of Ephedrine, Caffeine and Aspirin but as any of the regulars would know I NEVER recommend the usage of fat burners preferring to make use of more natural products such as CLA.

As for the doses that your g/f is taking-I'd prefer not to respond to that question.

Sorry about that but I take a VERY strong stance against substances of that nature and I feel that ethically I cannot deliver comment on them.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist

8
Posted by: info | 2004/10/14

EPHEDRINE

Drug Class: CNS stimulant

Ephedrine is a naturally occuring central nervous system stimulant obtained from the plant _Ephedra equisetina_. It is now also produced by chemical synthesis, the synthetic product being marketed in the form of its salt, ephedrine sulfate; it occurs as a white crystalline powder with a bitter taste, soluble in water and very soluble in alcohol. Ephedrine is closely related in structure to methamphetamine, although its CNS actions are much less potent and also longer-acting than those of the amphetamines. Its peripheral stimulant actions are similar to but less powerful than those of epinephrine (also called adrenaline), a hormone produced in the body by the adrenal glands.

Ephedrine has moderately potent bronchial muscle relaxant properties, and therefore is used for symptomatic relief in milder cases of asthmatic attack; it is also used to reduce the risk of acute attacks in the treatment of chronic asthma. The typical adult dose range is 30-60 mg taken orally, three to four times per day, in the form of tablets. Ephedrine in the form of nose drops is also widely used to relieve nasal congestion associated with upper respitory tract illnesses. It is also used to treat low blood pressure, because it constricts blood vessels and stimulates certain actions of the heart. Common side effects are qualitatively similar to those produced by amphetamines and are generally milder. Higher doses (overdose) can cause restlessness and anxiety, dizziness, insomnia, tremor, rapid pulse, sweating, respiratory difficulties, confusion, hallucinations, delerium, and (very infrequently) convulsions. The most dangerous symptoms
of overdose are abnormally high blood pressure and rapid, irregular heartbeat. A dose of ephedrine only two to three times the theraputic maximum can cause a significant increase in blood pressure. The elderly are particularly sensitive to overdose, and there have been a few deaths among such patients. Finally, a number of instances of psychosis, clinically similar to amphetamine psychosis, have resulted from chronic high-dose
abuse; other effects of chronic abuse have not been adequately studied.

Tolerance develops to the main effects of ephedrine; however, temporary abstinence restores sensitivity.

Reply to info
Posted by: h | 2004/10/14

Hi Cable Guy. I have also being using eph and if you can stay away from it great. Rather use eetles it also has eph in. Hear is a diet that really works. My cousin lost 45kg on it and is still loosing she did weigh 145kg no joke. She has lost another 11 in 4weeks.

breakfast - 30g oats/allbran with fat free milk
tea - 1 apple
lunch - 1 chicken breast and salad no dressing
tea - 1 fruit
supper - 1 chicken breast salad/brown rice if you want with mushrooms.

If she does get hungry eat small amount for health food. You can also have fat free youghurt.

Hope this will help you and if she can do cardio 3times or more is even better she will loose even more

Reply to h
Posted by: row | 2004/10/14

ephadrine is basically speed. depending on the dose, it makes you very animated, gives you rushes, makes you clench your jaw a lot, reduces appetite et cetera. also, for men, it makes your genitals shrink to the size of one of those fling chips for however long the dose lasts. i used to take it for the euphoric effects when i was doing a lot of drugs.
it's just another filthy drug - taking it for 'health' reasons like losing weight is crazy. i mean, heroin will also make you lose weight, but you wouldn't get into that, right? RIGHT? sad fact is, the way we've been brainwashed by the media et cetera, people probably would do heroin if they were convinced it would keep them slim.
my advice is to forget about quick fixes and drugs like ephadrine and slowly start doing what you know you have to do to really solve the problem: incorporate better eating and appropriate exercise into your lifestyle, for good.
good luck to your girlfriend!

Reply to row
Posted by: cable guy | 2004/10/13

thnaks all

Reply to cable guy
Posted by: GKM | 2004/10/12

Take this from a woman who has lost 20kgs .. why is your girlfriend using such a dangerous product?? There are so many other products on the market that are safer - and though they may take a bit longer - will still get the job done, but in a much healthier way. My advice to her would be, stop the ephedrine, don't go for the quick fix - but if she really HAS to use a supplement, try CLA. It may take longer but at least you know it won't have any negative side effects.

I know losing the weight as fast as possible is the current rage, but there is simply no subsitute for a healthy eating program, a good exercise program and perserverance. Also, losing the weight healthily means she won't pile on the pounds again as soon as she's off a supplement. And "supplement" means exactly that - its got to be complimented by proper eating and exercise.

One other point - losing that much weight, quickly, leaves a person with saggy skin. Losing the weight slower will allow her skin to recover as she loses the weight.

Best of luck to her.

Reply to GKM
Posted by: E | 2004/10/12

Lick your pinky then put it into the powder, covering a size of 1 cents. Then you put it on your tongue. You should take it about 15 - 30 minutes before Gym. Just remember to take it in the morning as you can get hyper from it and if taken in the evening, chances are you won't get to sleep for awhile.

Remember that.... it can also cause palpitations, heart arrhythmias, angina pain, tremors, insomnia, irritability, restlessness, psychotic reactions, problems with urination and severe dehydration if combine with strenuous exercise. In one form called ephedra. Another negative effect is that you can become addicted to ephedrine.

Reply to E
Posted by: canle guy | 2004/10/12

sorry to sound stupid but how do i make sure she doesent have to mich ? do u weigh it on a scale? or is the little finger amount OK?

Reply to canle guy
Posted by: Dot | 2004/10/12

30 mins before traing - take -+ 3 g ephedra with caffeine(either coffe ,tea - no milk, sugar , or glass of coke light) BUT pls read below:

Do you know that it is in fact a banned substance - an elite athlete would be banned for using it during competition. It's banned for a reason and the reason is that it has been associated with death during exercise, because it overrides the body's natural control system and it's not unusual to have heart problems and heatstroke with stimulants.

Strongly advise that the best way to use ephedrine is not at all. I even see that you are aware that is illegal and so quite frankly, it's extremely reckless to use. Let's paint the picture that you use the stuff and something happens - fibrilation or heart problem, then the legal ramifications for you (assuming you are resuscitated) and your friend are enormous. i am sorry to paint such a grim picture, but it really is something serious. - exert from the Fitness Doc's page

Reply to Dot