Question
Posted by: SheShe | 2004/11/09

Enuresis

Hi I am a 21 year old female, I used to sometimes wake up in the morning and find that my bed is wet, for about 5 years now I set my alarm 7 times in the night to wake me up so I can urinate, sometimes however I still wet the bed. I know its common in children but I'm an adult now. I don't know what to do, is there a cure, I need help please...

SheShe, it sounds like you have never been dry – this is called primary nocturnal enuresis. I wrote something on the subject and if you mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za, I’ll send you a copy. It will give you some more info on the whole thing, but the best would be to see an urologist and have it sorted out (yes, there is a cure). Good luck.