Question
Posted by: Bella | 2004/10/23

enuresis

Over 50 years old - since 13 year old - happens 3 to 5 times a year. Never know when it will happen. No pattern before it happens to warn me. Fall in very deep sleep and always dream as if it is real. Was on efexore for depression. Replased it with generic. Am of it completely now and feeling much better. While taking it enuresis did not happen. Is there anything I can take to help me.

I would suggest that you consult a gynaecologist or urologist. There are different causes for enuresis which might need different treatment.

2
Posted by: Bella | 2004/10/25

Thank you for the advice. My problem is more complexed since it started when I was 13 years old and it only happens 3 - 5 times a year. It also happened while I was taking HRT. I think I should maybe go to a urologist.

Thank you.
Keep up the good work.

Reply to Bella
Posted by: Healthcare | 2004/10/24

Common prescription medication for enuresis esp if related to depression or emotional related are Tofranil (imipramine) or Trepilene (amitriptyline). If just due to weak bladder muscles, then Ditropan (oxybutinin) is quite effective.

A homeopathic product by Natura, Enur drops is also quite effective. It treats both the emotional aspect as well as the physical symptoms. It is available without prescription from pharmacies or health stores.

However, you problem could also be related to reduced estrogen as happens during menopause. HRT would then be required if you are experiencing any other symptoms such as flushing, anxiety, insomnia, vaginal dryness, reduced libido etc.

Reply to Healthcare