Question
Posted by: Liza | 2005/07/28

Enuff!

My boss gave me work to do. The same thing I've been trying to do for the past 3 months, but each time I try it - it blows up in my face. So guess what happened today. I wasn't surprised in the least. The crying started, and I had to take a double dose of Rivotril to just calm me down. I even teared up all the work that I've already done, that will give me a clue as to where the errors might be. What happens if things blow up tomorrow again? I'll have to come in to work to fix things and put out the fires. I just simply refuse to do that. I've worked my butt off with overtime this past weekend, ensuring that everything went smoothly and absolutely no problems on monday due to my excellent planning. Is Friday off too much to ask? Cause it doesn't look like I'll get it.

I've now packed all my stuff, and putting it into my car this afternoon. Then they can say what they like, and either pay me overtime for Sunday, and subtract the day not worked on Friday, or they can just accept that I'm not going to work tomorrow. They want me to come in for lunch and some admin stuff. I just want to leave this place ASAP.

So now I finish this farce of a project, give my replacement some more training on the half of the job that she is taking over and if everything blows up tomorrow - Sorry, my cellphone battery was flat.

I'm just so close to crying right now. I don't know why I allow them to get to me. Someone just called with a problem that my boss usually fixes. I have almost no idea what she is talking about and when I told her that I wasn't sure how to fix it, she became very rude and threw the phone down in my ear.

Can't I just take my stuff and leave?

cheers for now.
Liza

Hi Liza,
I'm amazd that nobody else has responded to your message, so far. Well, it sounds as if the seedy and greedy have become seedier and greedier, doesn't it ? Don't let them get to you. I don't suppose that invitation to come in for lunch and some admin stuff would be for a going away party ? Anyhow, make sure you're paid up to the end, and celebrate your freedom. Don't worry --- next week they'll be fully recognizing who they lost.