Posted by: Sharon | 2004/03/01

Enlarged Bladder and damaged uterus

I'm 25 years old and have been experiencing back pains for the past 3mths. I went to see 3 doctors and each one gave a different diagnosis, finaling I decided to go to a reflexologist who told me that my bladder is enlarged causing my uterus and ovaries to be pushed towards my back causing the pain. I was also told that my uterus has cracks on the inside which was caused by the use of tampons. Should I consult a gynae in regard to my uterus cause I'm afraid it might cause me problems later on if I want to conceive.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

I don't see how using tampons can cause cracks in your uterus. It is possible that a retroverted uterus can cause back pain so, if you think this may be the case, see a gynaecologist.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.