Question
Posted by: Charl | 2006/03/07

English salt and Kidney/Liver function.

Please be of assistance.

I suffer from severe tiredness, espesially after I had eaten. I'm irritated, don't sleep well, battle to wake up in the mornings, I generally just have a unwell feeling.
After realising this, I'f started reading more about health and all that goes with it.. I read, that 'English salt with hot water will rins out the body and help with tiredness I feel.
I must say I feel like a brand new person after drinking this and the affects is immediate, it realy works.

But, is this realy good for my system, I see my skin is braking out, so I must release a greate deal of toxins in my blood. As soon as I stop using this, my tiredness/irritability returns.

So, what can I do to clean out my system, and what is there to do if I get this symptoms. And what is causing this/what part of my system is being affected.

With greate thanks for your help and information on 'Health24.

Yours in whaiting.

Hallo Charl
Epsom salts act as a laxative. I think you should just let your GP do a general checkup, checking your bloodsugar, cholesterol, kidneyfunction, liverfunction and thyroid and listening to your heart and lungs to see whether you have a reason for building up toxins in your body. The Epsom salts can make you lose a lot of needed electrolytes which may not be good for you in the long run.