Question
Posted by: Tammy | 2006/04/05

Energy Supplement

I'm not sure if this is a stupid question but I was wondering, if you take a energy supplement and then do gym and go for a run, is your body using that supplement energy or body fat. In other words, would I still lose weight if I take an energy supplement? I have been taking USN Cytopowder.

Hi Tammy

The body always uses energy from both internal stores and external. So in otherwords, if you take in an energy supplement, then your body does use it, and it therefore uses less of the internal stores. However, it is not a case of one or the other - you use both, but in varying amounts. For this reason, it's often said that you should not take in too much carbohydrates because it does mean that you use less fat. However, there is also a practical issue here, because your body can't get all of its energy from fat - fat is not a very good source of energy because it is used so slowly, and so you have to have some carbohydrate in order for the body to continue exercise.

Finally, I'm not sure what Cytopowder contains, I haven't heard of it, so I don't know how it compares to other energy supplements. I suspect that it doesn't actually alter the use of fat or carbohydrate too much.