Question
Posted by: Jade | 2008/01/30

Energy Bar vs Chocolate

I love both of the above but obviously realise that they will cause weight gain if eaten all the time. However if you were to choose one which would it be - from a weight gain point of view that is.

Dear Jade
I would look at the product's label and choose the option with the lowest energy and total fat content per bar. Many of these energy bars are actually high in energy (hence the name) and loaded with fat, including saturated fat. For slimming purposes it is necessary to avoid all foods that provide more than 5 gm of fat per 100g. If you eat either an energy bar or chocolate then do so in moderation.