Question
Posted by: Kabousie | 2003/01/30

Endurance Cycling medication.

Last year I did the argus cycle race and experienced severe fatigue, it was extremely hot but I took a lot of water(but more Coke) I also cramped in the end. I ate rasins and Bar ones given on route! I suspect that I took in too much sweetness and too little water.
What do you suggest for this year?

Hi Kabousie

Perhaps your training was inadequate. I would suggest a fair bit of training on hills and then hill-training in the heat - so as to allow your body to acclimatize to heat and adapt to high intensity exercise. Do lots of stretching as well (daily), especially of the muscle that cramped.

I suspect these things will help more than changing what you took in during the day.
Good luck with the race.