Question
Posted by: Concerned husband. | 2004/11/24

Endonmetrial Ablation

Hi Doc,

My wife is booked to undergo this procedure pretty soon, as she has been haveing extremely painful periods & pains after intercourse. & We have been trying to get pregnant for a year & no success. (the doc is 99% sure it endometriosis.)

My concerns are he ffg.
What are the side effects.of th procedure? will this improve our ability to conceive?

If the endometroisis is cauterised through the laparoscope what are the chances of reversing above problems & are there side effects.

I would appreciate any advice from yourself any ladies that have been through this procedure. ..
I have been through the archives & that hasnt helped much with my queries.

If somebody can direct me to a website where i could read up on this, I would be most grateful.

Are you sure that you have the name of the procedure correct? Endometrial ablation means cautery of the womb lining. Most women do not fall pregnant after this. From what you describe though, you may mean that your wife is going to have a laparoscopy and, if endometriosis is found, this will be cauterised. These are two different procedures with different results. Please clarify.