Question
Posted by: tash33 | 2004/10/22

Endometriosis<br>Endometriosis

If you were diagnosed of this does laparascopy cure it????The reason am asking sometime in 2002 I had a laparascopy performed by my gynae then and now yesterday I went to another gynae and he also wants to do it next Friday, what is the purpose of it if you do it 2 times in 2 years?

Please help!

Laparoscopy makes the diagnosis, it does not treat the condition. The reason why your new gynaecologist wants to do one is probably to see whether the endometriosis is still there, how much there is and exactly where it is.

5
Posted by: tash33 | 2004/10/25

Thank you to all you guys for the feedback, I now have a better understanding.

Reply to tash33
Posted by: JR | 2004/10/22

Yes, it can definately return. There are various treatment options, depending on the severity of the case, and the needs of the patient... I've had more laparoscopies than I can count.. and I typically have them every 6 months, but then again, I was stage 3 1/2 / 4.... very severe. Laparoscopy's don't "cure" it, its a way to "find" endo, and during the scope the growths are either lasered off, or cut out, depending once again on the severity.

Reply to JR
Posted by: la la | 2004/10/22

unfortunatly you will have it for the rest of your life you will only be able to control it with birthcontrol etc well thats was told

Reply to la la
Posted by: * | 2004/10/22

The same happend to me. Was diagnosed with endo in 1999 in and 2001 went for another lapscope found endo again. In 2001 went for another lapscope due to severe pain. Found no sign of endo. I have a spastic colon. My cousin waited to long to go for check-ups and she had a hysterectomy at the age of 28. It spreaded to her colon. Don't wait to long have the lapscope. It's not a cure, but the best treatment there is.
Take care and good luck.

Reply to *
Posted by: H | 2004/10/22

Apparently it can grow back after a year or so.

Reply to H