Question
Posted by: CD | 2004/10/15

ENDOMETRIOSIS - HELP!

After trying to conceive for nearly two years and being pushed from pillar to post by my gynae I eventually consulted a fertility specialist. He has told me that he suspects I have endometriosis and that to establish this for sure and the extent I need to have a laparoscopy. What I want to know is whether it is still possible to conceive after they have treated the problem? I don't want to through an operation if I cannot have children anyway....please help!

Yes lots of people with endometriosis have children with or withouit treatment. I suggest go for the operation as this would help shed some more light on the problem.

2
Posted by: Jay | 2004/10/15

I too have endometriosis after ttc for ages and have also just been to a fertility specialist who found this out. I will be going in for a lap and the chances of conceiving after that should increase as they will hopefully be able to treat the endo which should increase the chances. I would go for it, it can only help!

Reply to Jay
Posted by: Sarah | 2004/10/15

It is possible to fall pregnant - having the op might just increase your chances of falling pregnant. Any blockages that you have might be removed.
Many of my friends fell pregnant after this procedure - one fell pregnant the next month after op - she tried for 2 years.

Reply to Sarah