Question
Posted by: Lilly | 2012/02/03

Endometriosis Gamble

I have been diagnosed with Endometriosis 6 years ago (at age 18) and the Gyne put me on a contraceptive tablet to make the pain less. Now I only get my period every three months, because she said I must only drink the inactive pills every three months.

There are many side effects to using the pill, I believe it is much better to be off it, should I take a gamble and not use it for a few months? And then just overdose on pain pills? The only thing I am afraid of is the pain, because one literally feels like one is dying. At one time I actually had a will set up!

Please advise.

Lilly

If the endometriosis was 6 years ago, it may well have diappaeared now. There are consequneces to endometrisois besides the pain though - infertility, chronic pelvic adhesions. See your gynaecologist and discuss your further management with him/her.

1