Question
Posted by: unsure | 2004/10/18

ENDOMETRIOSIS COMPLICATIONS

I am 28 yrs old, diagnosed with endometriosis in 2001. I have had two laparoscopies, and one pregnancy. I was on Femodene contraception,but I am experiencing tearing of my vagina walls at any time not just during sex. My doctor placed me on Harmoniet and a vaginal cream 6 weeks ago, he now wants to do another laparoscopy and cut my perineum as I understand it, as he said it would be the same as having given birth- I had a C-section with my son. I would like to know if this is really necessary as how is this going to solve my problem of my skin tearing in my labia minora, he also said that I have low oestrogen. levels. Is there not perhaps another course of treatment? thank-you

If your skin is tearing physically there would be another reason for that. Endometriosis is very difficult to treat and repeat laparoscopies is not always the answer. I suggest you see a specialist with interest in endometriosis- 2nd opinion