Posted by: unsure | 2004/10/18


I am 28 yrs old, diagnosed with endometriosis in 2001. I have had two laparoscopies, and one pregnancy. I was on Femodene contraception,but I am experiencing tearing of my vagina walls at any time not just during sex. My doctor placed me on Harmoniet and a vaginal cream 6 weeks ago, he now wants to do another laparoscopy and cut my perineum as I understand it, as he said it would be the same as having given birth- I had a C-section with my son. I would like to know if this is really necessary as how is this going to solve my problem of my skin tearing in my labia minora, he also said that I have low oestrogen. levels. Is there not perhaps another course of treatment? thank-you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

If your skin is tearing physically there would be another reason for that. Endometriosis is very difficult to treat and repeat laparoscopies is not always the answer. I suggest you see a specialist with interest in endometriosis- 2nd opinion

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.