advertisement
Question
Posted by: anon | 2010/10/30

endometriosis

During a scan, my gynae found a large growth on my ovary, said i must return in 3mths time to see if i req an op to remove the ovary. I am unable to get an appointment until dec, will a 6mths delay be a risk in any way? Should i wait or look for another gynae that is avail?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Unless you have symptoms it should be okay to wait if the diagnosis was endometriosis. You could tell the secretary that you were supposed to see the doctor earlier. They might have a cancellation.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

1
Our users say:
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010/10/31

Unless you have symptoms it should be okay to wait if the diagnosis was endometriosis. You could tell the secretary that you were supposed to see the doctor earlier. They might have a cancellation.

Best wishes

Reply to gynaedoc

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
advertisement