Posted by: Sarah | 2009/04/06


Hi, I would like to have a bit of info regarding endometriosis. I have been having terrible piercing pains in my lower abdomen which even resonates right to my rectum and feels like throbbing twisting piercing pain. It gets very intense to the point that I cant sit properly and must lie on my back to relieve pressure down there. This lasts a couple of minutes but am left with a dull pain- almost like period pain that gets worse with any sudden movements or stress on the area like coughing sneezing etc. Even my pants are causing discomfort by the abdomen area where they fasten closed. I get nauseous as well as terribly bloated. Not sure what it is, but read somewhere that this could be endometr. or even fibroids, I would like to check it out but not certain which type of doctor to go to.. Gp or gynae.. Hope you can help me,
Thanks very much.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

It could be endometriosis, but it could also be a spastic colon. Perhaps you should see your GP first.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.