Posted by: MICHELL | 2008/06/24


Hi doc yesterday i went 4 my first gynae app doc did a internal scan and said i may have endometriosis and asked me to go for blood tests on the 4 of july so he can get more results, but however he said i could go for a laparoscopy which will cost about R10000 TO R15000 can i ask him to put me on treatment first.The doc said i can fall pregnant easily after a laparoscopy,as i am married 4 years now.Do woman with endometriosis fall pregnant.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Michell
Endometriosis can only really be diagnosed with a laparoscopy as you can’t see it on sonar or x/rays. The doctors usually come to that diagnosis if they can’t find anything else that could be an obvious cause of pain or infertility. You can ask him to put you on a “therapeutic test” of treatment for endometriosis if you can’t afford the laparoscopy but you may need to have it anyway if this does not help. You can bargain with your gyne and the anaesthetist to see if they will reduce the fee for you. You can also ask them if you pay it off over a few months.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: SHaylia | 2008/06/25

My 30 year old sister found out she was pregnant at the age of 21 and she was diagnosed with emdometriosis so it is quite possible to fall pregnant although from what i understand it is a slighty possibility i could be wrong :) just thought this might bring some hope :)

Reply to SHaylia

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.