Question
Posted by: Leigh | 2008/06/20

Endometriosis

I've been told by my gynae that I have endometriosis...this is a regular occurence, but I'm too scared to go for the operation to have it removed on top of the fact that he told me it could return even after the operation.

I've heard numerous people (without them knowing my situation) that people with endometriosis are very likely to not have babies...is that true?

The operation will confirm the diagnosis and allow the doctor to administer medication to suppress the disease. The more you suppress at this stage, the fewer your symptoms will be. Unfortunately, it is associated with fertility problems, but it doesn't mean that you definitely will have problems or that you can't be assisted with fertility treatment.