Question
Posted by: LYNDA | 2006/11/13

ENDOMETRIOSIS

I HAD A LAPAROSCOPY A YEAR AGO FOR ENDO (THIRD STAGE) AND OVARIAN CYSTS. I HAVE NOT HAD A NORMAL CYCLE SINCE THEN. I HAVE BLEEDING THAT LASTS FOR A MONTH IT STOPS FOR A WEEK AND THEN STARTS AGAIN. I KNOW WHEN I AM GOING TO START BLEEDING BECAUSE I GET NAUSEA AND VOMITING AND MY LEGS ESPECIALLY ON THE VEINS GETS SO ITCHY I WANT TO SCRATCH MY SKIN OFF I HAVE NO BLADDER CONTROL AND MY ABDOMEN STANDS OUT LIKE A BALLOON. I HAVE BEEN FOR HORMONE TESTS. I HAVE NO PROGESTERONE AND TOO MUCH ESTROGEN. MY DHEA LEVELS AND TESTERONE LEVELS ARE ALSO EXTREMELY LOW FOR MY AGE. I AM 33. I CANT TAKE ORAL CONTRACEPTIVE CAUSE I SUFFER FROM MIGRAINE HEADACHES. I HAVE BEEN USING NATURAL CREAMS. BUT A YEAR LATER I AM NO BETTER. BEFORE THE OPERATION I HAD NORMAL CYCLES. DID THE GYNAE WHO DID THE OP DO SOMETHING WRONG???? I AM SO WORRIED

Your symptoms don't sound typical of endometriosis. Perhaps you mean that your testosterone and DHEA are high. This would be in keeping with PCOS. The best treatment for this is the oral contraceptive, but glucophage may be of some help.

1
Posted by: genee | 2006/11/13

I HAD ALL THE SAME SYMPTOMS FOR 2 YRS....I SUFFERED SO MUCH THAT I JUST COULDN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE....I AM 31..GLAD I HAD MY BABY WHILE I WAS STILL YOUNG....SHE IS NOW 11 YRS.....I JUST HAD A HYSTERECTOMY ....7 WEEKS NOW.....I HAD PCOS...AND ENDOMETREOSIS.....
I HAD D&C...EVERY SIX MONTHS...AND SCOPES...

Reply to genee