Question
Posted by: Lynda | 2006/03/30

Endometriosis

Please help.

Last year June 2006 I started getting a terrible burning sensation in my lower back, I had no bladder control, my legs were so itchy I scratched them till they were blue, was continously nauseous and when I had my periods I vomited all the time.

I eventually wen tto a specialist who referred me to a gynae. The gynae did a laparoscopy and said I had third stage endometriosis and ovarian cysts. After the op she said that she wsa going to give me the depro vera injection to stop my periods or else the endometriosis would come back.

The depro did nothing because I still bled thereafter for up to three weeks at a time. All my other symptoms had disappeared. I went back and she put me on Femodene. I suffered from such severe headaches that I just threw it away.

All my symptoms have returned. The burning, nausea, itchy legs.
Pls can someone tell me what is wrong and why are my legs so itchy just before and during my periods? I have asked my gynae, got a second opinion, and sent my question to the gynaedoc on line and no one can tell me why my legs are getting itchy.

Hi Lynda
You have symptoms of nerve irritation:
Pain, loss of bladder control, burning in lower back.
The nausea and itchiness can be symptoms of hormonal imbalance ( maybe high progesterone levels).
I think you should at least get a x/ray of your lower back to see if one of the discs slipped and if it is pressing on a nerve and let your doctor check your pre menstrual progesterone levels?