Posted by: Adri | 2004/10/21


Hi There
This is the first time that I'm actually seeking help.
I started having problems in age 16. It worsend when I turned 18. Then It only got worse. I have very very bad menstrual pains. They make me collaps (pass-out) , plus a zomby would be more like me. I get migranes before, during and after my period. Ovilatio hurts just as bad. Plus it does not look or smell to well. I don't know what to do. I have consulted my dokter. They have revered me to a gynae(I belong to a Military medical aid), I've seen a gynae (private) and he said that according to him I've got Endometriosis, But he actually begged my to go to another hospital for prosedures due to the fact that he has lost 3 patients to death due to "misdiagnose or neglectance" by my dokters. Now They treated me for 4 years, every time they say next step is a Labroscopy and when it comes to that step they put me back on medication, explaining to me that it is cheeper this way, untill they see serious (cancerous) growths. This has been carrying on for 5 years, that it has been this bad. I can't work when I'm on my period. And my marraige is suffering due to the fact that I can't have intercourse.
I have lots more to ad to this tale and how the doktors "rape" one in an investigation. I hate my body, and I suffering.
What can I do, I'm to scared to start the whole prosses over because they treat you like animals.
Please help me.
Kind Regards
Adri Hattingh

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

I would agree that the next step is a laparoscopy. If you are unhappy with the way you have been treated, you should see a different doctor.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Stashi | 2004/10/22

Hi I was just recently Diagnosed with Endo- My Gynae told me the only sure way of Knowing if it is Endo- is a Laproscopy. So I had one, now I know what it is and How to treat it.
Your Med Aid Should pay for it?
By the sounds of things I think you need to Find a New Gynae- someone who knows what they are talking about.
Good Luck

Reply to Stashi
Posted by: Friend | 2004/10/21

I would change your doctors and find a reputable one who knows what he's doing. If you have growths or cycts or anything that you think may be cancerous, have it checked out immediately as it could put you at risk for being infertile in the future. As for your comments about the doctors - if they have treated you in any way other than with professional conduct, I would seek advice in laying a complaint about them. Also, maybe seek a psycologist for yourself regarding your poor self image and self esteem - you are a person with rights and should be treated as such. You should never think that you are not special because you are - your husband is proof that you are worth the world.
Good luck for your future - get examined by another gynaecologist so that you can find a solution to your medical problems and live a more comfortable and happier life.

Reply to Friend

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.