Question
Posted by: TTC | 2004/01/14

Endometriosis

I was diagnosed with stage 3 endometriosis with a laparoscopy.Both my tubes appear to be blocked although my HSG was clear??? I also have PCOS. My doctor says the ONLY treatment is zoladex for 6 months and then IVF. I'm not keen on the zoladex because of the side effects. Is there any other alternative such as surgery to remove the endo and open my tubes?

I would agree with your doctor about Zoladex and IVF. With Grade 3 endometriosis and blocked tubes, surgery to open the tubes is unlikely to be successful. Endometriosis can be treated with sdurgery, but this depends on the extent. The best option in your case seems to be what your doctor has suggested.

1
Posted by: Hoping | 2004/01/29

Hi TTC - I have stage 4 endometriosis and have been trying for 6 years to fall pregnant. I have had 3 laparoscopies and 1 laparotomy (caesar cut). Have taken loads of hormone medicine (Synarel), been on Clomid so many times I've lost count - but still no baby. I was in constant pain, and I mean daily - some times I was so sore I could not stand up straight. In November 2003, I was given details of a homoeopathic doctor who also does acupuncture. I thought, what the heck, give it a try - I've been through so much already. He has been treating me ever since and WOW - I already notice a huge difference with my periods and with the pain. I no longer have such severe lower back pain and I am not so bloated. He is very optimistic that I will fall pregnant and so am I. I am just so glad that it's worked for me so far with managing the pain and I hope that it will help other women too. Natural medicine and acupunture works - it may take longer than drugs but it works and it's healthier. I hope you're able to find a homoeopathic doctor in your area who can help you. Good luck.

Reply to Hoping