Question
Posted by: bonzai | 2003/03/24

ENDOMETRIOSIS

I was recently diagnosed with endometriosis. Can you please explain to me exactly what this means. I have been struggling to cenceive for over a year, does this have anything to do with it?

Endometriosis means that small pieces of the womb lining have flowed backwards through the tubes and become implanted in the pelvis. This can cause pain, heavy periods and can also damage the tubes. This may account for your struggling to conceive. When your doctor made the diagnosis he/she should have been able to assess whether the tubes were involved or not. I presume that you are now having treatment for this.