Question
Posted by: Susan | 2004/01/16

Endometrial Ablases

Hi Dockter

I am 45 years, didn't have any children due to endometrioses,
etc. I went throug several inplants, laparoscopies and a cyst was removed in 1997. I went to a new Gynaecologist in 2002 , she did a papsmeer and sonar. There was a small cyst in my uterus, but she said it is was small and can be ignored. During August 2003 I went to her again where she did a papsmeer and sonar. The cyst didn't grow from the previous sonar. I experience heavy bleeding and pain during my periods. My periods are every 28 days. We don't want children anymore at this age, so she suggested that I undergo endometrial ablases, to stop menstruation at all. 5 Months after the operation, I still exerience heavy bleeding, pain, my breasts are very sensitive an swollen a week before menstruation, I gained weight on my middle and feel very bloated and tired in that time and experience pain in my right side. Do you think it is normal?

Endometrial ablation does not work in 100% of cases. Some women have to go back and have a hysterectomy. The other symptoms you describe seem to be typical of PMS. You could try Evening primrose oil for the tender breasts.